FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Upgrade DevForce License

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KitKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote KitKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upgrade DevForce License
    Posted: 06-Mar-2013 at 1:18pm
I am a member of a small development team.  We have 3 developers that work on our main product, which is silverlight based.  I am one of these 3 developers, but I also work on one-off custom projects for clients from another department of our company.  These projects could be win-forms, WPF, ASP.NET and Mobile.  

Though when we inquired about upgrading one license of the 3 we own of DevForce Silverlight, we were informed that we would have to upgrade all three.  Why is this?  It is very reasonable to need to upgrade one license for the one developer that is using the other technologies, but all 3 has made it impossible for me to secure the approval to make this leap as we cannot absorb a purchase that large into any of these small one-off projects.

Any insight here would be appreciated.

Thank you.
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2013 at 2:17pm
KitKat, our technical support team can't help you with this issue, although we do sympathize.  You'll need to talk with your account rep about your requirements, and get his explanation on licensing options.
gregweb View Drop Down
DevForce MVP
DevForce MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote gregweb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2013 at 4:28pm
KatKat, perhaps the free edition which I believe is good for up to 10 entity types would work for the small project.

Greg
 Post Reply Post Reply