FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DevForce 2010 to 2012 migration issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
myr_zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote myr_zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DevForce 2010 to 2012 migration issues
    Posted: 13-Mar-2013 at 6:34am
I am migrating a silverlight application from DevForce 2010 to 2012

I am getting error for following methods.
  • ExecuteAsync
  • InvokeServerMethodAsync
  • in Parallel Coroutine again the method Execute Async
I Installed compatibility package, and manually added namespace IdeaBlade.EntityModel.Compat. This solved my first problem. I am still stuck with next two issues.

I cant manually rewrite the methods. I have used them at lots of places and its practically not possible to do that.

Oh man! This migration stuff is hard.
sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2013 at 7:45am
myr_zero,

Some signatures have changed, so simply adding the reference to the compatibility pack might not solve all issues. 
Unfortunatelly, you will have to rewrite the method calls to conform with the new signatures.
You can find more information at http://drc.ideablade.com/devforce-2012/bin/view/Documentation/devforce-backward-compatibility.

sbelini.

Edited by sbelini - 13-Mar-2013 at 8:56am
myr_zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote myr_zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2013 at 7:54am
Hi sbelini

The link you have provided takes me no where. It shows the same post. I have been trying to find out the usage examples, Sadly I dint find any.
I appreciate if you help me with good references.

Thank you :)
sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2013 at 8:59am
myr_zero.

The URL is http://drc.ideablade.com/devforce-2012/bin/view/Documentation/devforce-backward-compatibility.

It will provide you with general information about using the DevForce 2012 Compatibility Pack, explaining that some method signatures have changed.

The signatures themselves you will find the the API documentation at http://drc.ideablade.com/ApiDocumentation2012/webframe.html.

sbelini.

Edited by sbelini - 13-Mar-2013 at 9:07am
myr_zero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote myr_zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2013 at 9:21am
Thank you sbelini :) that's exactly what i was looking for.
 Post Reply Post Reply