FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

[SOLVED] Found conflicts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Linguinut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linguinut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [SOLVED] Found conflicts
    Posted: 08-Sep-2007 at 12:19pm
While working on adding (and removing) pages and views, I started getting this warning after a build:

Warning: Found conflicts between different versions of the same dependent assembly.

It points to the Shell project which I haven't manually altered, although it may have been altered through the wizards.  Since everything runs, it is not a big deal, but I would like to resolve the warning.  What should I do?

Thanks!

Edited by Linguinut - 30-Oct-2007 at 5:38pm
Bill Jensen View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bill Jensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2007 at 3:22pm

In general, you can safely ignore this.  Some part of Cabana is built with a different version of Developer Express.  We're working on it.

If you want, you can double click on the warning message and Visual Studio will offer to add assembly binding redirects to your App.config file.  This will get rid of the warning, but you'll need to remember to adjust these when moving to a new version of DevEx.

If you do this, I recommend looking at the App.config file to check what VS did.

Bill J.
Linguinut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linguinut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2007 at 11:05am
Gotcha...thanks.  I will then ignore the message for the time being.
 Post Reply Post Reply