New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Cocktail.AuthenticationService Logging Out when Enter Hit in misc Controls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Cocktail.AuthenticationService Logging Out when Enter Hit in misc Controls

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KitKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote KitKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cocktail.AuthenticationService Logging Out when Enter Hit in misc Controls
    Posted: 08-Jul-2013 at 8:59am
We are experiencing an issue where the Authentication Service logs out anytime the Enter key is pressed in a TextBox, ComponentOne C1RichTextBox, or Intersoft UXTextBox.

We have been able to alleviate the TextBox and UXTextBox by adding identical custom conventions to the convention manager for each type specifically.  

I cannot find out why this is happening as AuthenticationService.LogoutAsync is only called from a single place in the entire application and that code is never being hit.

Please help,
Thank you,
Kat
mgood View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote mgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2013 at 10:29am
Honestly, I have a hard time seeing how the two could be related. Are you perhaps clearing the MEF container somewhere or neglected to make the AuthenticationService a singleton. This sounds to me that under certain circumstances you are getting a new instance of the AuthenticationService for some reason, which is then logged out by default. 

I would suggest you remove your application from the equation and put together a little sample app to see if you can reproduce the issue. FWIW, you can try TempHire, too, it allows hitting enter in the search box and most of the dialogs. None of these actions are causing the AuthenticationService to log out.
 Post Reply Post Reply