FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

No endpoint listening

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
smi-mark View Drop Down
DevForce MVP
DevForce MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote smi-mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No endpoint listening
    Posted: 11-Jul-2013 at 7:35am
One of our customers receives the following error probably once a week or so, and they have to recycle the application pool before it will work again.

Sometimes they receive this error immediately:

They have said sometimes it will take 15 minutes and then time out with this:

I have a debug log from a previous time this has happened and it doesn't indicate much. I'm trying to find out if there is anything indicative in the event log on the server.
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2013 at 10:55am
Which version of DevForce are they running? 
smi-mark View Drop Down
DevForce MVP
DevForce MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote smi-mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2013 at 11:01am
Oops. I've posted this in the wrong forum. It's DevForce 2010 6.1.8.1
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2013 at 11:45am
Can they upgrade to version 6.1.12 or later?  In that release we fixed an EntityServer initialization problem which could manifest with problems like this.
smi-mark View Drop Down
DevForce MVP
DevForce MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote smi-mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2013 at 11:52am
Possibly. I'll find out how urgent of an issue this is for them. We are in the middle of upgrading that product to DevForce 2012. I will advise them that unless it's urgent that they just wait for the next version.

Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply