FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

RSMC not working if assembly is placed in GAC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rasmus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote rasmus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RSMC not working if assembly is placed in GAC
    Posted: 19-Jul-2013 at 9:05am
Hi

I have a problem using RSMC. I am placing my binaries in the GAC, but the server seems to only probe the bin directory for the assembly holding the method.

How do I direct the call to the assembly in the GAC and not to the bin-directory.

Best regards,
Rasmus
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2013 at 9:37am
DevForce doesn't actually probe for remote server methods.  Instead it uses reflection, trying to do a Type.GetType on the fully-qualified name of the type holding the method.  If not found it tries to load the assembly, given the assembly name in the fq type name.  Exceptions will be logged in the server's debug log, so check there to see if anything was logged which could help diagnose the problem.
rasmus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote rasmus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2013 at 1:22pm
Hi

The problem is this: To make the RSMC work, I have to place my dommainmodel assembly in the Webhome/bin directory.

What I would like instead is for the DevForce to check the GAC for the assembly, as this is where I have placed it now. I have a 100+ sites using the assembly so therefore it is not an alternative for me to have to place the domainmodel assembly in the /bin directory of the webhome.

kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jul-2013 at 2:31pm

You need to provide the assembly qualified type name in the InvokeServerMethod call, and provide enough assembly information so that an Assembly.Load() will work.  Something like:

"MyNamespace.MyType, MyAssembly, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=xxx"
rasmus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote rasmus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2013 at 11:50pm
That helped!

Post Reply Post Reply