FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Repositories in UOW do not work

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
-ook View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote -ook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Repositories in UOW do not work
    Posted: 30-Jul-2013 at 11:31pm
I have configured a Unit of Work (UOW) class that contains a variety of GlobalCacheRepositories pretty much exactly as per the TempHire reference application.

I have a GlobalChache class that has been loaded with the data these repositories reference as well (again as per TempHire).

However when I try to obtain data (in the ViewModel) from the UOW repositories 0 records are always returned. As a test I have passed the Global Cache to the function and queries that directly, and records are returned.

e.g.

// this will return 0 records
                var issuetreatments = await UnitOfWork.IssueTreatments.AllAsync(q => q.OrderBy(s => s.Name));

// this will return 5 records (the correct amount)
                var issuetreatments2 = cache.Get<IssueTreatement>();

Does anyone have any pointers as to why this would be occuring?

Thanks
Mark
mgood View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote mgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2013 at 11:52pm
Most likely the EntityManagerProvider.ManagerCreated event gets triggered before the repositories had a chance to install their even handler. Make sure you don't access the Manager property before all the repositories get instantiated. 
-ook View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote -ook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jul-2013 at 2:29pm
Thankyou, yes that was indeed the issue.

Post Reply Post Reply