FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

SQLbulkcopy needs connection string

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BigA25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BigA25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SQLbulkcopy needs connection string
    Posted: 19-Aug-2013 at 10:14am
For performance reasons I am trying to use sqlbulkcopy to insert a bunch of data into the sqlserver. 

I have been trying to use

IdeaBladeConfig.Instance.RdbKeys[0].Connection 

to get the connection string but I seem to be having trouble due to it not being in the correct form.

Also the Data Source off that connection doesn't seem to be correct. 

How can i get a sql connection string from ideablade?

Edited by BigA25 - 19-Aug-2013 at 10:26am
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2013 at 10:56am
What you're doing will return the connection string used by DevForce for this key, so I don't know why it would be incorrect.  If you have multiple RdbKeys make sure you're looking at the correct key.  

If this is an n-tier application be sure you retrieve the RdbKeys on the server, since you likely (and shouldn't) have the connection strings on the client.

Also, if you're using a DataSourceKeyResolver this won't return the resolved connection string for the key, but something like this will:

var key = pm.DataSourceResolver.GetDataSourceKey(name) as RdbKey;
var cnstring = key.ConnectionString;

BigA25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BigA25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2013 at 12:26pm
Your solution using the datasourekeyresolver worked perfectly. Thank you so much :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply