FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Distributed Transaction promotion & Windows Azure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kdev View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote kdev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Distributed Transaction promotion & Windows Azure
    Posted: 04-Oct-2013 at 11:46am

Hi,

In some scenarios in my Silverlight application, I need to use transactions on server side. I noticed that the transaction is promoted to Distributed Transaction when querying or saving (almost with a unique EntitityManager).

I understand that for scalability reasons and multi-server environments this is necessary.

Is there any options to set to avoid this to happen ?

Unfortunately Windows Azure platform doesn’t support distributed transactions !

Regards

kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2013 at 8:03am
We'll have to look into why the promotion is occurring.   

DevForce will by default create a TransactionScope for a query or save, but you can turn this off by setting "UseTransactionScope=false" on the TransactionSettings associated with the QueryStrategy or SaveOptions.   Since you've already opened your own TransactionScope, there's really no need for the inner scope used by DevForce anyway.
kdev View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote kdev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2014 at 7:43am
Hi,

Any news about why the DTC promotion is occuring ? and how to avoid it (UseTransactionScop = false doesn't change anything).

Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply