FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Wizard problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Linguinut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linguinut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wizard problems
    Posted: 11-Oct-2007 at 1:49pm
Thanks for looking into it.
Linguinut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linguinut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Oct-2007 at 9:33am

Bill, if you cannot provide an answer on this today, would you mind suggesting a workaround?  I am going to manually create the views/presenters/controllers that I need, but if there is a quicker (less espensive) way, I'd like to hear it.

Thanks!
Bill Jensen View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bill Jensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Oct-2007 at 10:28am

I get the same result if I try to create two pages with the same root entity, except I get a clean dialog box indicating an exception in System.IO.File.Move():  "Cannot create a file when that file already exists".  Clicking OK aborts the wizard actions, but allows closing of the wizard and continuing with Visual Studio.  I'm very surprised that you don't see the dialog box.  In any case, I should pre-check for this condition and signal an error during wizard data entry.

If I do the same thing, but provide a unique name for the summary view, it runs OK.  Please double check that the name you are specifying for the summary view does not conflict with any files in the Views folder.

It also works OK for me if I choose None for the summary view option or if I select Existing and type in the name of an existing summary view (the combo box is not yet populated with existing view names).  Please try these options and let me know the results.

Late-breaking news:

Before I clicked "Post", I tried one more option and was able to reproduce your "Bonk but no dialog" result.

If files with the name you specify for the SummaryView exist in the module folder (as opposed to the Views subfolder of the module folder), then I get the behavior that you see.  Please check that your module folder does not contain any leftover view files (viewname.cs, viewname.Designer.cs, viewname.resx or viewnamePresenter.cs) from failed wizard runs.

Thanks,
Bill J.

Linguinut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linguinut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Oct-2007 at 10:33am
I will check for stray files, do some cleanup, then try those other options.

I created a new page from scratch.  It took just under an hour (after debugging).  Not too bad.  The wizard, though, takes only a few seconds.  It is such a time-saver.  Thanks for working on this.  It is much appreciated!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12