FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Feature Request

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mitchell_bu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mitchell_bu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Feature Request
    Posted: 21-Jan-2014 at 7:55am
I have a request for a future feature.  We have several tables in our database with spatial columns.  Our application is on Silverlight, so we've modified our .tt file to ignore these columns during code generation.  However, these columns are still defined in the .edmx file so the model throws an exception on initialization that required properties cannot be found.  So what we have to do is to manually delete these columns every time we update the model.  We're currently writing a batch file to read through the XML in the .edmx to remove the columns after we do an update, but this is still an additional step we would prefer to avoid.

What would be nice is to be able to see the changes in the Update Wizard and to be able to choose to ignore certain columns in tables.  I've seen other edmx add-in's that even maintain an "ignore list" so we wouldn't have to choose to ignore these same columns every time we update the model.
katit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote katit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2014 at 12:06pm
I understand EF5 supports spatial types, it would be nice if DevForce adds this support as well instead of hiding those columns?
mitchell_bu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mitchell_bu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2014 at 12:11pm
DevForce now supports spatial types for .NET 4.5 apps, but the problem is that the Silverlight framework doesn't support System.Data.Spatial.
katit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote katit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2014 at 5:46pm
Yes, it's true. I forgot about this..
 Post Reply Post Reply