FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

dbConttext and Precompiled Views

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
DenisK View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote DenisK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dbConttext and Precompiled Views
    Posted: 18-Feb-2014 at 5:01pm
I did and I was able to verify that it's not failing. I can see in variable 'r' that I'm getting 93 customer records back. Something must be different between your environment and mine.

In any case, I think the best thing to do next is to upload the new simple solution you just created so I can take a look.

Please make sure that you're using NorthwindIB database in order to debug this faster.
BillG View Drop Down
DevForce MVP
DevForce MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote BillG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2014 at 9:52am
Ok I am getting closer to solving this. I got the sample application that you sent me to work. I then created a new solution for my application and moved the domain model over to it. I put the lines in the MainWindow_Loaded to access a table in my database and it worked. I then moved my app.config file to the new solution and it still worked. So i have proved the DomainModel is set up correctly and working fine and the configuration file is working fine.

so what else could it be? i put the same MainWindow_Loaded method in my application and it fails. So i has to be something with my Client project. I have no Web project as i got rid of that to make this simpler to figure out.
DenisK View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote DenisK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2014 at 11:13am
Sounds like you're on the right track Bill. I'd try creating a fresh Client project and add modules until it breaks.
BillG View Drop Down
DevForce MVP
DevForce MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote BillG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2014 at 1:52pm
ok i think i found the problem. In my Web application i need to have a reference to my domain model. From my client app i access the remote methods on the server app. I need a reference to the server app. but now i have a reference in my client app to the domain model and to the server app. In my server app i have a reference to the domain model. they both have the UnionData.cdsl, msl, and ssdl files in the domain model. So the app crashes thinking i have a multiple files.

How do i reference the domain model without having a reference to it?

BillG View Drop Down
DevForce MVP
DevForce MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote BillG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Feb-2014 at 2:24am
forget it. Everything seems to be fine. The Precompiled views are finally working. For some reason, creating a new solution and moving everything over to it seemed to solve the problem. thank you Dennis for all your Dennis and for steering me in the right direction.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12