New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: [Resolved]MyViewContext to type IBindingViewContext
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

[Resolved]MyViewContext to type IBindingViewContext

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Resolved]MyViewContext to type IBindingViewContext
    Posted: 03-Oct-2007 at 8:57am
I have altered my famous ThreePanelView a bit from what was in the example. I have added an additional panel that holds a combobox. When the combo box index is changed it changes the values in one of the grids.

I have created the view, context and presenter. But when I go to run it I get the following error:
Unable to cast object of type 'LOC.CEMS.SecurityModule.DataStoreViewContext' to type 'IdeaBlade.Cab.Interface.IBindingViewContext'.

I cannot find an example on what I should do to fix this. My combobox view has it's own presenter DataStoreViewPresenter. In it I have one method, other then OnViewContextSet, that gets the BindingSource from the DataStoreViewContext.

The DataStoreViewPresenter inherits from BasicControlViewPresenter.

Not sure what I should change to make them compatable. I have tried a variety of things and nothing has worked. DataStoreViewContext inherits form ViewContextBase.

Edited by orcities - 03-Oct-2007 at 10:01am
orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2007 at 9:33am
If I try to inherit the presenter from the  AppViewPresenter<IAppView> like the ActionViewPresenter. I get the following error:

"Unable to cast object of type 'LOC.CEMS.SecurityModule.DataStoreViewPresenter' to type 'IdeaBlade.Cab.Interface.IControlViewPresenter'."
orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2007 at 9:34am
I was inheriting the view from the wrong class.

I changed it to AppView. And so far no error. Still other issues.
 Post Reply Post Reply