FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Server side methods called twice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
katit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote katit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Server side methods called twice
    Posted: 21-Mar-2014 at 2:10pm
Is there any internal code that causes server side methods to be called many times? I noticed this while debugging when I'm for too long inside server-side call and step-through it would run server method second time.

Is this possible autumatic retry? I need to know for sure because we are proxying webservice calls this way and we rather dial with time-outs than have "magic" retries.
DenisK View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote DenisK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2014 at 5:06pm
Hi katit,

Yes, DevForce will automatically attempt server side method call for 3 retries before giving up.
katit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote katit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2014 at 5:12pm
Is there any way to prevent this? And how do I know it retries?

For this specific case I'd like to make sure it does 1 attempt only and if failed - user would push button again..
DenisK View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote DenisK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2014 at 5:52pm
Unfortunately there is no way to customize the number of retries or to know when the retry occurs.

DF will only attempt retries on timeout exception, communication related exception, as well as exceptions related to ZLib, an open source library we use for compression.

If any other exception occurs, the call will not be retried and the exception is thrown back to the client. You can intercept the exception by hooking into the EntityManager.EntityServerError event.
katit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote katit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Apr-2014 at 11:46am
Originally posted by DenisK

DF will only attempt retries on timeout exception

Is it possible to change timeout? Because if I'm proxying web service call to 3rd party and it take a while I might get time out on Silverlight client which will cause retry and send ANOTHER request to 3rd party. We need to avoid this.
DenisK View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote DenisK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2014 at 10:40am
Yes it is possible. 

Please refer to the following link on how to troubleshoot and change various timeouts. 

http://drc.ideablade.com/devforce-2012/bin/view/Documentation/understand-timeouts
 Post Reply Post Reply