FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Assembly EntityFramework.dll

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vincent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vincent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Assembly EntityFramework.dll
    Posted: 10-Apr-2014 at 8:02pm
Dear Support Team,

My ASP.Net application  is developed using Devforce 2010 v6.1.3.1. When I deploy the application to windows 7 ultimate everything works fine. But when I deploy the application to Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1,  the application fails to connect to database and I get the following two exceptions

"Cannot obtain System.Data.Entity.Database.DefaultConnectionFactory: at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.Edm.EFCodeFirstTypes.get_DefaultConnectionFactory() at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.Edm.DbKey.CheckForCodeFirst(String name, String connectionString) at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.Edm.DbKey.Initialize() at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.Edm.DbKey..ctor(ClientEdmKey clientKey)"

and

"DevForce CodeFirst support requires ADO.NET Entity Framework 4.1. Assembly EntityFramework.dll was not found.: at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.Edm.EFCodeFirstTypes.get_EntityFramework() at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.Edm.EFCodeFirstTypes.get_DefaultConnectionFactory()"

The EntityFramework.dll is always prent in the bin folder of the application. Can you please help me here?

Best Regards,
Vincent
 Post Reply Post Reply