FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

[SOLVED] Sorting Lists

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Linguinut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linguinut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [SOLVED] Sorting Lists
    Posted: 19-Oct-2007 at 1:40pm

One of my lists is not sorting by the field that I would like.  Here is the code from the ListConverterService:

private ListConverter MakeMachineListConverter()
{
    EntityQuery aQuery = new EntityQuery(typeof(MachineMaster), MachineMaster.MachineDivisionEntityColumn, EntityQueryOp.EQ, mDivision);
    EntityListConverter<MachineMaster> converter = new EntityListConverter<MachineMaster>(EntityManager, EntityPropertyDescriptors.MachineMaster.MachineNumber.Name, Editability.Optional, aQuery, true, ListSortDirection.Ascending, EntityPropertyDescriptors.MachineMaster.MachineIdx.Name);
    AddListManager_KeepExistingEntitiesOnly(converter);
    return converter;
}

private ListConverter MakeMachineIdListConverter()
{
    ListConverter converter = CopyConverter<MachineMaster>(ListConverterNames.MachineList);
    converter.ValueMember = EntityPropertyDescriptors.MachineMaster.MachineIdx.Name;
    return converter;
}

I have tried several variations of the creation of the EntityListConverter.  None seem to work...all end up with the primary index sort.  Can anyone see what I am doing wrong?

Btw, the final control that displays this list is a LookUpEdit control from DevExpress.  I have other lists that work beautifully...just not this one.  Odd.

Thanks!

Edited by Linguinut - 23-Oct-2007 at 5:20pm
Bill Jensen View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bill Jensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2007 at 2:55pm

Does CopyConverter<>() preserve the sort specification?  You might try calling Sort(displayPropertyName, sortDirection) on the copied converter.

Bill J.
Linguinut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linguinut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2007 at 4:22pm
I removed the AddListManager_KeepExistingEntitiesOnly method...and it works, now.

CopyConverter should preserve the sort.  I do not see anything in the method that would alter the sort.
 Post Reply Post Reply