FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Implementing Drag-n-Drop

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Implementing Drag-n-Drop
    Posted: 06-Dec-2007 at 10:01am
I would like to implement drag-n-drop. In this action I would like to go from the Grid on the PageController to a Grid on that pages TabController list.

Questions:
-What is the best way to implemnt DND?

-Where would I handle the DND for a control; would I handle it at the page and tab controller level or at the control level?

-Do the current Grids have the capability or do I have add the DND funcationality into my own Grid controls then replace the current grid in the FoundationModule class?

I can get by w/out the DND but it would make some things a little more user friendly.

Edited by orcities - 18-Dec-2007 at 8:47am
orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2007 at 10:06am

***bump

Anything Bill?
Bill Jensen View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bill Jensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2007 at 2:42pm
Hi Dan,

Sorry to be so quiet for so long.  I've been swamped with other assignments.

I've always found drag and drop complex to implement, even in a non-CAB environment. 

We'll need to think about how to fit it into the CAB architecture, since the whole point of CAB is isolation of views from one another.

I'll talk with Ward about it, but I can't guarantee when or if we'll come up with anything.

Bill J.
 Post Reply Post Reply