FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

[SOLVED] DevForce Update to 3.5.5.1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Linguinut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linguinut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [SOLVED] DevForce Update to 3.5.5.1
    Posted: 11-Dec-2007 at 11:42am
The only problem that I am having in the CAB/DF application with the latest update is the IdeaBlade.UI.Winforms.DexExpressControls namespace.  It does not seem to be recognized.  Was there a breaking change to the assembly?

Edited by Linguinut - 11-Dec-2007 at 11:55am
Linguinut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linguinut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Dec-2007 at 11:55am
Fixed!

Tip:  Do not simply rebuild the app with the new assemblies.  In the case of a faulting assembly, remove it, re-add it, then rebuild.  All should be ok after that.  At least, it was in this instance.  My CAB/DF app is now using DevForce 3.5.5.1 and DevExpress 7.2.3.
davidklitzke View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidklitzke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Dec-2007 at 2:13pm
I suspect that all you may need to do is to set the "SpecificVersion" property of the reference to "False".  By the way, this is something that you should need to do only once.
Linguinut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linguinut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Dec-2007 at 2:49pm

The assembly shows 'false' as the SpecificVersion setting; however, I did not need to change it.  It was 'false' by default.  It may not have been set to that before I readded the assembly, though.  I did not check that property before doing that.

Thanks,
Bill
 Post Reply Post Reply