FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

WinXPsp2 / IdeaBlade DevForce Error 1722

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
newb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote newb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WinXPsp2 / IdeaBlade DevForce Error 1722
    Posted: 05-Feb-2008 at 10:21am
Thank you.  I removed everything from registry and hard drive and all is well.  Error free.  :)

Have a good one,
Aaron
davidklitzke View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidklitzke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2008 at 8:25am
My best guess is that the PC Cleanup Utility may not have removed all of the files in your installation directory (usually C:\Program Files\IdeaBlade DevForce), and that may have caused problems on your 3.6.0.2 installation.

At this point, I would uninstall DevForce, make sure that there are no remaining files in the installation directory, and reinstall again.  This time, I would uncheck the tutorials checkbox and install without this feature.  It looks like the tutorial installer has a problem.  If this works, then I might try adding the tutorials later by going to "Add/Remove Programs", and tryimg the "Modify" option.

Edited by davidklitzke - 05-Feb-2008 at 8:26am
newb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote newb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2008 at 3:57pm
FYI - I've started killing reg keys and manually cleanin up the hard drive.  I will update if this resolves the issue.

- Aaron
newb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote newb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2008 at 3:25pm
Hello,

One of my goals today was, and sort of still is, to uninstall Ideablade DevForce 3.6.0.1 and install 3.6.0.2.

While trying to uninstall Ideablade DevForce 3.6.0.1, I encountered the following error:
-/-/-
IdeaBlade DevForce Error
Error 1722.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action ToolBoxUninstaller, location: C:\Program Files\IdeaBlade DevForce\ToolBoxInstaller.exe, command: uninstall
-\-\-

Following this error I was unable to uninstall or install a different version.  I then found this thread on this site http://www.ideablade.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=594 and thought it may help to run the Windows Install Clean Up utility.  It at least allowed the 3.6.0.2 installer to progress through the 'there is already a different version of this product installed' message.

While trying to install Ideablade DevForce 3.6.0.2, I encountered this:
-/-/-
IdeaBlade DevForce Error
Error 1722.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action IdeaBladeTutorialInstaller, location: C:\Program Files\IdeaBlade DevForce\TutorialInstaller.exe, command:
-\-\-

So I'm sort of dead in the water with this thing.  My next plan is to search and whack all ideablade keys in the registry, then up-root ideablade directories on my hard drive... Not a welcoming task.  Before I go forward with this plan, has anyone encountered this error and have a quickie solution by any chance?  :)

Take care,
Aaron
 Post Reply Post Reply