FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

clickonce deployment issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: clickonce deployment issues
    Posted: 23-Jun-2008 at 1:17pm
They also do not show up in the Application Files list.
orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jun-2008 at 1:16pm
When I do a normal build, on either debug or release, all my module dll show in the Release folder. But when I do a publish they do not.
orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jun-2008 at 1:02pm
Still having a problem w/ clickOnce deployment. I have been building a Setup project for Beta Releases but I need to use ClickOnce.

I have the ClickOnce shim referenced in the Shell project. I have references to all of my modules in the Dummy.cs. When it publishes it does not include all of my modules nor the required other dll's, DevExpress for example, that I need.

I have verified that it is in the Configuration Manager.

Please help.
orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2008 at 11:05am
3 tier is my goal. client - server - database
orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2008 at 11:04am

I put the IdeaBlade.Persistence.Server in the client install package and it works. But I thought I was only suppose to have that on the server housing the information.

The ibconfig file is in the install package.

I really want to implement clickonce but I can't get it to run on other computers only my own.
Bill Jensen View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bill Jensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2008 at 11:01am
Are you running 2-tier or 3-tier?

Are you sure the ibconfig is included in the install package?

B.
orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2008 at 10:12am
Installing using an install package gives me an error about IdeaBlade.Persistence.Server not being found. From what I read this is suppose to go on the server not the client. Is that correct?
orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2008 at 10:07am
I did forget the ProfileCatalog.xml file.

Now I can install and run it on my machine but I can't get it to install/run on other machines. They will not connect to the server. What changes do I need to make to ibconfig file to get it to work.

If I do the clickonce the program installs but never runs. It throws an error before the load screen comes up.

If I do an install package it installs but the connection to the server never happens and it throws an error about the connection string in the ibconfig file.
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bill Jensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2008 at 4:02pm
Looks like your Foundation module isn't loading.

Is it included in the manifest?

Is ProfileCatalog.xml included in the manifest?

B.
orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2008 at 3:30pm
orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2008 at 3:26pm
I finally got it to load. But when the form comes up the file form is blank. What would be causing that.
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bill Jensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2008 at 3:25pm
Try checking ShowAllFiles.  This should show all files in the bin/Debug folder.  Are the module DLL files present in bin/Debug?
orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2008 at 3:17pm

AdministrationModule aAdministrationModule;

RolodexModule aRolodexModule;

SecurityModuleModule aSecurityModule;

WelcomeModule aWelcomeModule;

SharedQuestionEditorModule aSharedEditor;

IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bill Jensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2008 at 3:15pm
Did you add references to classes from your modules to Dummy.cs in ClickOnceShim?
orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2008 at 3:11pm
ClickOnceShim is there and set to include(auto)
my modules are not there and I don't know how to add them
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bill Jensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2008 at 3:09pm
Right click on your Shell project and select Properties.

Select the Publish Tab.

Click Application Files...

Be sure all files necessary for your application are marked "Include"

B.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>