FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Getter Setter and BindableList

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bill Jensen View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bill Jensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getter Setter and BindableList
    Posted: 26-Mar-2008 at 11:38am
Are you using the DevEx version of Cabana?  If so, look at the Admin module.  It contains two examples of using a proxy object to display and edit a many-to-many relationship (in this case the associations between users (or groups) and privileges ("security codes").  A similar technique might work for your application.

Bill J.
aladdin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote aladdin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2008 at 6:58pm
Sorry for my english. - I dont now how to phrase  the problem.

I use a sample to explain more easy.

If extended the IdeaBladeTutorial with new two tables Colors ->fields Id, ColorName and Sizes -> fields Id,SizeName
and insert new fields in Product GroupId, ColorId, SizeId.
and change the relation OrdrerDetail->ProductDetail->Product

Now we have the schema :

OdrerDetail                                                   ProductDetail                                                               Product
----------------------------------------------------    ---------------------------------------------------------------     -------------------------
/OrderSummaryId/ ProductId /Quantity /      /GroupId/ ProductId/ColorId/SizeId/ProductName/     / id / ProductName /
---------------------------------------------------     ----------------------------------------------------------------    ------------------------
         1000                 3               5                       1           3             red       M          P1                        1      P1                  
         1000                 4               2                       2           4             blue      L          p1                        2      P2              
         1000                 5               1                       1           5             red       XL         p1                        3     p1 -child
         1000                 6               4                       2           6             green    L          p1                        4     p1 -child   
                                                                                                                                                             5     p1 -child  
                                                                                                                                                             6     p1 -child                

When add or modify the OrderDetail must to create a new "DynamicTable" for processing.- like pivot -
because when created a product we dont now how many colors and sizes to add.

DynamicTable
 ------------------------------------------
 /  Id  / ColorId /  M   /   L   /  XL  /
-----------------------------------------
     1       red        5        0       1
     2       blue       0        2       0
     3       green    0        4        0

There are many solution to approximate the problem but i believe the best way is with Getter and Setter and
i dont now how.There is a hint in Common.EntityModel the GetChildrenPropertyDescriptorFactory method.
this is the GetterDelegate but missing the SetterDelegate.

Any idea? Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply