FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Powershell and DevForce

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jason View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Powershell and DevForce
    Posted: 05-Mar-2008 at 3:55am
Hello,
I'm using the Enterprise version of Devforce 3.6.0.2 and with VS2008 on a 64bit version of Windows Vista Business.

I have created various commandlets in powershell to interact with devforce business objects - and when running using the .Net runspace (System.Management.Automation) to host these objects - all works fine.

However - when attempting to do the same tasks from powershell - the command fails as there is a problem with the probing path. The ideablade assemblies are looking for the ibconfig file in the powershell directory rather than in the directory in which they reside.

I've tried using reflection to load the dll containing the commandlets from a specific directory and also tried creating various app.config files for my assembly and also for the ideablade dll's... I can't see a way to get the third party dll's to look in their own directory (or any other directory)  to get the ibconfig file / write trace logs.
Following the devforce troubleshooting guide, I have added an assembly attribute in my assemblyinfo.cs to request unrestricted access.

Has anyone tried to do a similar thing before - or does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Jason
davidklitzke View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidklitzke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2008 at 4:04pm
There have been some recent posts by others with a similar problem.  See their posts and the solution that fixed their problems at:

Jason View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2008 at 3:42am
Thumbs%20Up Thanks for your help - worked perfectly!

Jason
 Post Reply Post Reply