FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Question about BOS and WCF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ryanhaney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ryanhaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about BOS and WCF
    Posted: 20-Mar-2008 at 1:28pm
Is it possible to expose the business objects that are created through a WCF Service using WebInvoke and WebGet?

I have a situation where I would like to expose a binary interface (through BOS) to Windows Forms / Silverlight clients, but also expose a soap interface to different clients, say, ones that are using php.  Is this possible via the BOS?
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2008 at 9:44am
Currently, no.

We're actively working on supporting Silverlight, and refactoring much of our underlying Entity and caching structure to better support it.  This includes removing the DataSet and our reliance on the NetDataContractSerializer.  Some of this support will be trickling into the product in the next beta, and true Silverlight support is planned for a June time frame. 

That said, I'm not sure how extensible the BOS will be right away regarding exposing additional endpoints.  You should, though, be able to do what's supported in DevForce v3 today to expose your business objects via your own web service.
ryanhaney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ryanhaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2008 at 2:03pm
This is precisely what I need - I will be creating an application that will eventually be deployed via the Internet, using Silverlight as the client.
 Post Reply Post Reply