FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

EntityPropertyDescriptor hidden members

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
danielp37 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote danielp37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EntityPropertyDescriptor hidden members
    Posted: 20-Mar-2008 at 8:17pm
Devforce creates EntityPropertyDescriptors for each property in the entities in the model.  The problem is that if I have properties in my entities that are the same as members in EntityPropertyDescriptor, I get a compiler warning about the property hiding the member. 

For instance:

Warning    19    'HEDataIB.EntityPropertyDescriptors.EmployerPropertyDescriptor.Name' hides inherited member 'System.ComponentModel.MemberDescriptor.Name'. To make the current member override that implementation, add the override keyword. Otherwise add the new keyword.    c:\data\healthequity\ideabladetestef\healthequity\hedata\hedata.healthequitydb.designer.cs    18140    40    HEDataIB

I have run into this for Name, Description, and Category.  These three names seem like they might be popular members of entities and so it is annoying to get the warning.  I have worked around this for the moment by renaming my members, but that is a bit annoying to have to do.  Is there any other way to work around this? 

Thanks,

Dan
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2008 at 9:21am
We should have this fixed by release 1.

In the interim, the only other workaround I can think of is to suppress the warning (from the Project, Build Properties tab).
 Post Reply Post Reply