FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Wizard & DevExpress

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mikedolan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mikedolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wizard & DevExpress
    Posted: 10-Apr-2008 at 1:55am
I have Developers Express Version 7.3.8 currently installed and working fine, however when running the CAB Wizard if I choose to use the DevEx version (as opposed to standard win controls), the Wizard fails with the message: "You must have Developers Express Installed".

When I compile the DevEx version of Cabana it works fine, including the DevEx controls.

Is the Wizard looking for a particular version of DevEx?  If so, which version? How can this be updated?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Bill Jensen View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bill Jensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2008 at 9:36am

In your Program Files folder, create an empty folder named "Developer Express".

The wizard looks for a folder beginning with this string to determine if DevEx is installed.  This works with the evaluation version of DevEx, but the licensed version of DevEx installs in a different folder.

Hope this solves your problem.

Bill J.
mikedolan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mikedolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2008 at 11:39am
Well I tried that, but with the same result.  Any new ideas?

Thanks,

Mike Dolan
Bill Jensen View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bill Jensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2008 at 9:38am
Uh oh, I lied.

Your Program Files folder (on C:\) must contain a folder named (or beginning with):

Developer Express .NET

Drat!  Foiled by a version difference again.

Sorry 'bout that.

Bill
mikedolan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mikedolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2008 at 9:56am
Thanks,

That was the problem. 

As I am using Vista64, it was in Program Files(x86).  Creating an empty directory in 'Program Files' fixed the problem, THANKS.

Mike Dolan
 Post Reply Post Reply