FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Couple of questions concerning DevForce EF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Watson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Watson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Couple of questions concerning DevForce EF
    Posted: 10-Apr-2008 at 5:36pm
I watched the video and I've briefly gone over the white paper.

Some questions:

1. We want to use a mysql server as the backend. Does your framework support mysql? It maybe possible since mydirect.net intends to have some operational support of the entity framework. http://www.crlab.com/mysqlnet/

2. Clickonce deployment security using asp.net membership is currently unsupported ( intranet Windows Authentication only). Do you have a work around for this? Right now I'm very unhappy with smart client deployment because it has no out-of-the-box solution for securing the Clickonce application over the internet.

kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2008 at 6:15pm
DevForce EF delegates all knowledge of the database to the Entity Framework and the providers supporting it.  If MyDirect.Net works with the raw Entity Framework, then it should work with DevForce EF too.

DevForce EF does not address deployment, so smart client deployment in the EF/DEF world is still as frustrating and difficult as ever Smile.   We are planning to target Silverlight clients with a release of DEF later this year; Silverlight should address some of the problems with desktop deployments (while undoubtedly opening a whole new world of challenges).
 Post Reply Post Reply