FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

IdeaBlade.Cab Infragistics Support

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
garydale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote garydale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IdeaBlade.Cab Infragistics Support
    Posted: 30-Apr-2008 at 1:24pm

Hi guys,

I am unable to create an IdeaBlade CAB project with Infragistics controls - the option is greyed out. Is this something you are going to support and if so when? I'm beginning a project that needs not only DevForce, CAB/SCSF but the Infragistics Winforms control suite as well and we're on a very tight deadline.

Thanks
garydale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote garydale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2008 at 1:08am

Oh well, I assume that, because no one has responded that this isn't going to happen so we've gone and bought the DexExpress Winforms package. On first glance it looks very impressive and the documentation certainly superior to Infragistics. Judging the favourable comments on DevExpress in various forums it's perhaps a move we should have made before...

Regards

Bill Jensen View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bill Jensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2008 at 11:22am
Sorry not to respond sooner.  You probably made the right decision.  We'd like to add Infragistics support to Cabana since it's supported by DevForce, but we just don't have the resources to make it happen any time soon.

DevExpress works very well with Cabana.

Bill Jensen
IdeaBlade
cdsmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote cdsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2008 at 1:47pm
Bill,

I've been using Infragistics for several years now and I've also been waiting for Infragistics support to be added to Cabana since I purchased DevForce in late 2007 after I saw Ward's presentation at the patterns & practices Summit in November.  I've been anxiously looking for this with each new DevForce release.  I'm in the middle of a project and though I've been using aspects of DevForce in my latest CAB business modules, I've been looking forward to being able to create new modules using DevForce Cabana tools.

For me, it'd be difficult to switch control suites as it would mean inconsistent appearance and (probably) functionality for my end-users and I'd be concerned about the extra effort required to understand DevExpress.

Could you get me a more definitive timeframe so I can have more realistic expectations?  Is the number of CAB + Infragistics + DevForce developers too small such that IdeaBlade may not be able to justify the resources?

Much Thanks

Christopher Smith
 Post Reply Post Reply