FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Xml Serialization of Entities and ComplexTypes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
danielp37 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote danielp37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xml Serialization of Entities and ComplexTypes
    Posted: 25-Jun-2008 at 8:26pm
I know in a previous post else where, it was said that the current release of DEF does not support Xml Serialization of its objects, but is this planned for the final release?  Also, I have been able to do injected types for my entities, but will I be able to do injected types for complex objects?

Thanks,

Dan
davidklitzke View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidklitzke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2008 at 11:48am

The root cause of the problem is that the Object Mapper expects a “MaxLength” attribute on each property of Type=”String” in the CSDL section of the edmx file.  We have worked around the problem by adding “MaxLength=”Max” to all “String” properties in the CSDL section of the file that did not adhere to this rule. This workaroround will be replaced by a real fix in the next maintenance release of the product. If the  “MaxLength” attribute does not exist. We will create an attribute for it.

kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jun-2008 at 5:34pm

Support for XML serialization is an open high priority feature request for DEF, but I can't make any promises for when it will be implemented.   Since we've had several customer requests for this feature it will hopefully make the first release.

Lack of injection support for complex types was an oversight on our part, but it's a good idea and I will open a feature request for it.  Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply