FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Object to DataSet, Back to Object

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pucsoftware View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote pucsoftware Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Object to DataSet, Back to Object
    Posted: 28-Jul-2008 at 6:30am
I have a model of our Employees and all their related objects already built with DevForce, with an application that updates these records working. I have a new request for the application that I wanted to get some input on. I have to create a form that creates some updates for new or existing Employees. This action will be intitiated at the Department level by a supervisor. This request needs to go through several people before it is approved. When the request is approved the records need to be updated to the database and the data saved as a pdf file.

My idea was to create a DataSet that can be routed to each individual in the approval process. When users create a new request, the DataSet is populated with all the information about the Employee and saved. The request Form would then open and use this DataSet to make the temporary request for changes. So, the data would come from the DataSet NOT the EntityFramework. I would store the DataSet in a central location as the form is routed to all the necessary people. When the request is finally approved, the records update the database.

So, I need to know a couple of things.

1. Can I save my Entity Model object created in DevForce as a DataSet? If so, how?

2. How can I populate an Entity object from the DataSet, then submit it to the database?

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by pucsoftware - 28-Jul-2008 at 6:30am
davidklitzke View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidklitzke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2008 at 3:15pm
Unfortunately, there are no facilities in DevForce EF to convert the information in an Entity to a DataSet or to convert the information from a DataSet to a DevForce EF Entity.  If you want to do this conversion, you will need to do it yourself.
 Post Reply Post Reply