FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Cannot access schema information about APPS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
nick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cannot access schema information about APPS
    Posted: 09-Sep-2008 at 12:33pm
I get the following error when I try to add  a table using the Object Mapping Tool:-
"This class is not editable because of a mapping error. Cannot access schema information about TableName.   ADO.Net reported : Specified cast is not valid"

I am using the following connection string :-
"Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle.1;Password=xxxxxx;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=ims;Data Source=DEVDB1"
User "ims" is the schema owner.  Is any special permission required for connecting to Oracle database?

Thanks in advance..
--Nick

nick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2008 at 12:39pm
 I am using DevForce version 3.6.3

Thanks.
--Nick

agrogers View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote agrogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Sep-2012 at 10:18pm
Hi. 

We have just hit this problem as well on DevForce 3.7.2.0 Classic.  It happens when we try to add a Stored Procedure created recently.  We can old Stored Procedures but no new ones.  It doesnt matter what Schema (we have two) it is in.

Thanks
Andrew
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2012 at 8:38am
Andrew, are you using Oracle or another database vendor?  What does your connection string look like? 
agrogers View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote agrogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2012 at 3:26am
Thanks for your response Kim.  SQL Server is what we are using.

We have worked our way around the problem with a lot of trial and error by creating a mostly empty Stored Procedure with the correct parameters, importing that into Mapping Tool, then changing the stored procedure to what it should be.

There were a number of issues which i think boil down to the Mapping Tool looking at the creation of a Temporary table in the SP and finding (of course) that it doesnt have a schema specified.  That line produced the error.

The old ones that 'worked' did so simply because they did not have any lines that caused the new ones to fail.  

This really doesnt make much sense since Ideablade doesnt need to know anything about what is inside the procedure, just the params and what is returned.  

Anyhow, we are moving again so that is good.

Thanks
Andrew
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2012 at 8:19am
Your workaround sounds like the right way to go.  I found the same suggestion from back in 2007 here - http://www.ideablade.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=279.

Sorting through more old support cases, it looks like stored procedures with temporary tables, or dynamic sql, or 'having' statements can also cause the Object Mapper fits.  Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be documented anywhere. 

Glad you're moving again.

agrogers View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote agrogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2012 at 5:05pm
Thanks Kim
 Post Reply Post Reply