FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Full Text search

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
danielg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote danielg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Full Text search
    Posted: 01-May-2008 at 12:40pm
Is there a way to perform a Full Text search using the OQL?  Normally in SQL one would use a "Contains" statement to perform this kind of search.  It is much faster than "Like" especially in multi-column situations.  I tried to create a new query using the EnityQueryOp.Contains operator, but when I view the SQL that is actually created, it translates it to the much slower "Like" statement.  Is there another way?

Thanks, Daniel
davidklitzke View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidklitzke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2008 at 3:10pm
Unfortunately, with OQL, you are stuck with this behavior.  I thought, at first, you might be able to build a custom ADO Provider Helper that would prevent the translation of "Contains" to "Like", but apparently this is not possible.

You have a couple of other choices: PassThroughSQL and DevForce EF.
danielg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote danielg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2008 at 8:15am
Thanks for the information.  I ended up just writing a stored proc and going through that.  I am looking forward to DevForce EF for all the new features.
 Post Reply Post Reply