FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

EntityQueryPagedCollectionView Filter Collection?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CodeFuzion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote CodeFuzion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EntityQueryPagedCollectionView Filter Collection?
    Posted: 03-Aug-2010 at 1:46pm
Are you guys planning on adding a Filter Collection Descriptors (similar to the Sort and Group Collections) to allow us to bind Filtering capabilities from custom/ 3rd party controls? In my case Telerik Grid using the build in Filter capabilities.

So far I am having a very pleasant experience with DevForce as compared to RIA Services, but there are several things I am still trying to figure out how to do well in DevForce to be able to completely replace RIA Service in my next project.

Highly usable in a MVVM scenario (more so than RIA Services)

I have to be able to bind to a ViewModel with Sorting, Filtering, and Grouping (it looks like EntityQueryPagedCollectionView is almost there - I need the ability to add FilterDescriptors to be able to add filters easily and not have to change the Linq Query since most controls pass the string property name and object value)

I have to be able to query my Entity Framework model from Silverlight using a repository on the Silverlight side and be MEF capable (fits)

Support the DataForm Edit / Add / Delete (it works with a tad more work than RIA Services since you manage the Collection and the changes to the collection)

Easily be able to track changes and send them up as a batch (similar to RIA Services)

Easy to use (easier than Ria Service so far)

Be able to support Forms Authentication and Windows Authentication (still do not know how to accomplish this - is there some documentation, I could not find this in the Documentation).

Edited by CodeFuzion - 03-Aug-2010 at 1:49pm
 Post Reply Post Reply