FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Formatting an Ideablade "enum"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dominique View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dominique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Formatting an Ideablade "enum"
    Posted: 26-Jul-2007 at 9:49am
Hi,
I am wondering how-to format a Text property of a generated enum when using it as a display member in a combo.
I tried to override both the property and ToString method but none worked. I also tried to find something around FormatString but could find a "firstLetterUpcase" :)
example:
I have a generated "enum" class like Status with Status.todo and Status.don), with the classicals Code and Text properties.
I using pm.getEntities(of Status) as a datasource to a combo and want to see:
Todo
Done
how could I achieve this?
Dominique

jeffdoolittle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jeffdoolittle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2007 at 12:53pm
Take a look at IdeaBlade.Util.StringFns

--Jeff
Dominique View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dominique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2007 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by jeffdoolittle

Take a look at IdeaBlade.Util.StringFns

Hi,
Thank you for your answer, it was some nice functions there.
I might have asked the question wrongly, because my concern was more about where to put the code. :)
I.E. do I need to have a ProperCaseTekst property in every enum class. In this case I might go for an abstract formating class.
It would actually have been nice if, taking my example, a Status class was a superclass for the Status.done, Status.todo (done and todo _are_ status)
Dominique
Dominique View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dominique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2007 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by Dominique

It would actually have been nice if, taking my example, a Status class was a superclass for the Status.done, Status.todo (done and todo _are_ status)

Oops,
shame on me, it works just like that. I won't even try to find a bad excuse :D.
Thanks Jeff for your pointer, it still some nice useful functions in there.
Dominique
jeffdoolittle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jeffdoolittle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2007 at 12:12pm
No problem.  
 Post Reply Post Reply