FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Collection modified error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
midnit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote midnit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Collection modified error
    Posted: 07-Jul-2011 at 6:41am
I ran into an error I was not expecting and though I can prevent it I thought maybe it at least shouldn't blow up with this error...

I have an entity ContactBa that has a relationship with Contact which has a relationship with Department. When I create a new ContactBa it of course has no Contact which of course has no Department, but if the UI is bound to ContactBa.Contact.Department.Name...I get a collection modified error thrown. I presume its trying to "get" (lazily?) the Contact and Department but of course there is nothing if I justed create the ContactBa entity on the client. Turning off lazy loading did not prevent the error so...maybe its something else. If I remove the UI binding I do not get the error when I add a new ContactBa.

Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNextRare()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereListIterator`1.MoveNext()
   at IdeaBlade.Core.EnumerableFns.ForEach[T](IEnumerable`1 items, Action`1 action)
   at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.PendingEntityMap.Update(EntityWrapper pendingWrapper, EntityWrapper realWrapper)
   at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.ScalarEntityReference`1.InformPendingEntityOfRealEntity(EntityWrapper realEntity)
   at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.ScalarEntityReference`1.QueryCallback(EntityQueryOperation op)
   at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.BaseOperation`2.OnCompleted()
   at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.BaseOperation`2.IdeaBlade.EntityModel.IHasAsyncEventArgs.OnCompleted()
   at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.AsyncProcessor`1.<>c__DisplayClass2.<.ctor>b__0(TArgs args)
   at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.AsyncProcessor`1.Signal()
   at IdeaBlade.EntityModel.AsyncProcessor`1.<Execute>b__5(Object x)

Edited by midnit - 07-Jul-2011 at 6:41am
sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2011 at 10:31am
midnit,

Can you upload a sample reproducing the problem?

Silvio.
sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2011 at 12:20pm
Hi midnit,

Please disregard my previous post. I was able to reproduce it here and will file a bug.

Silvio.
 Post Reply Post Reply