FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Exceptions on application launch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Waxman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Waxman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exceptions on application launch
    Posted: 29-Oct-2009 at 6:29am
Hi,

I've got my project up and running, however, numerous exceptions are being thrown when my domain-specific entity manager is being instantiated during the launch of the application.  It looks like serious problems are occurring, but in the end, everythings seems to work okay.  Is this normal?  Here are the exceptions that I'm seeing (in order):

FileNotFoundException  Could not load file or assembly 'ProModel.Eps.Application.Web, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

XmlException  Cannot find file 'ServiceReferences.ClientConfig' in the application xap package.

FileNotFoundException  Could not load file or assembly 'IdeaBlade.Core.XmlSerializers, Version=5.2.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=287b5094865421c0' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

ConfigurationErrorsException  This element is not currently associated with any context
(This one occurs many times)

If this is not normal, do you have any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

I should also mention that I am not able to even instantiate my Entity Framework entity model - if I try, it throws the following exceptions:

NotSupportedException  The invoked member is not supported in a dynamic assembly.
(This one occurs many times)

FileNotFoundException  Could not find file 'C:\_ProModel\Development\EPS\Current\Application\Silverlight\EPS.Application.Web\System.Data.Resources.EntityStoreSchemaGenerator.xsd'.

Fortunately, I don't need to do this (at least right now), but I would think I should at least be able to do this without any problems/exceptions.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Terry
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2009 at 4:54pm
I assume you're running in Visual Studio and have it set to throw on any exceptions, which can be pretty interesting.  These exceptions are all caught and handled by either DevForce or .NET itself so they are "normal" and should not affect your application, although removing the root cause of a problem where possible is always a good idea.

1) FileNotFoundException on ProModel.Eps.Application.Web occurs because this assembly is not part of the Silverlight package.  You can remove it from the <probeAssemblyNames> in the app.config in your Silverlight project to get rid of the error.

2) XmlException on ServiceReferences.ClientConfig - DevForce looks for this file in your Silverlight project to determine how to initialize service communications.  This error occurs when the file is not found.  You only need this file if you need to override the DevForce communication defaults.

3) FileNotFoundException on IdeaBlade.Core.XmlSerializers - This is a serialization assembly dynamically generated by the XmlSerializer when the assembly is not pre-generated.  DevForce uses the XmlSerializer with the IdeaBladeConfig class.

4) ConfigurationErrorsException - I haven't seen this error before.  Do you have more information on this, or a stack trace from one of the occurrences?

5) and 6) I'm not sure where you're trying to instantiate your EF entity model.  This is definitely not doable in the Silverlight client at all.  Within your web project or another server assembly you should be able to use EF directly since DevForce isn't doing anything to stop you.   If you have more information on what you need to do here we can try to help.
 Post Reply Post Reply