New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: How can I install only the DevForce runtime(dlls) on a client machine?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

How can I install only the DevForce runtime(dlls) on a client machine?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Customer View Drop Down
User Submitted Questions to Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Customer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How can I install only the DevForce runtime(dlls) on a client machine?
    Posted: 12-Jul-2007 at 12:04pm
Please advise me how can I install only the DevForce runtime(dlls) on a client machine? I tried with the install kit, but it requires me to have the VS2005 installed.
IdeaBlade View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote IdeaBlade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2007 at 12:05pm
The simple answer to your question below is that you do not have to install DevForce on the client machine.  Nor does VS 2005 need to be running on the client.  You simply have to copy the necessary DevForce DLL’s to the appropriate folder (or folders) on the client machine.  I will explain how to do this in general.

You typically have two options:

• XCopy Deployment
  • Use a Setup.msi 

For very simple projects, you can copy all of the files into a single directory on the client machine.  It is a little more complicated for an IIS deployment.  For more complex projects consider using a Setup.msi.

I would strongly encourage you to run one of the Deployment tutorials before trying this yourself.

Post Reply Post Reply