FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Where did the schema go?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
skingaby View Drop Down
DevForce MVP
DevForce MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote skingaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where did the schema go?
    Posted: 17-Jun-2009 at 10:53am
The Schema file reference is now invalid. Did you guys take down the schema for some reason? i.e. xmlns:ib="http//www.ideablade.com/schemas/edmx" is no longer valid.
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2009 at 6:26pm
Where are you seeing this?  Is it an error, warning or informational message?
skingaby View Drop Down
DevForce MVP
DevForce MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote skingaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2009 at 6:21am
It is an informational message in the EDMX XML file.
When I open the EDMX file as XML inside VS2008 I see a hundred messages that say "Could not find schema information for the attribute 'http://www.ideablade.com/schemas/edmx:Guid'. Where the term 'Guid' can also be LicenseKey, DataSourceKey, LastModTs, or a bunch of other tags.
I am assuming that it is because of this error, that I cannot open my EDMX file with the Entity Framework Designer, I have to use it in XML view.
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2009 at 8:04am
If you can't open the EDM designer it's not due to these messages.  Check for any error messages - such as for complex types, which aren't supported by the designer.
skingaby View Drop Down
DevForce MVP
DevForce MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote skingaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jun-2009 at 10:28am
You are right. One of our developers was merging the DevArt model with the Entity Model and the EDMX file lost the <Diagrams> tag. Adding that tag back allowed the EDMX file to be opened. grrr...
 Post Reply Post Reply