FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

adding devforce to a Navigation project

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jmcfet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jmcfet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: adding devforce to a Navigation project
    Posted: 10-Oct-2009 at 6:44am
I am evaluating devforce against RIA data services and have an existing navigation project that it has to work with. Is there a doc that u can point me to do this as the navigation framework is a requirement . Just copying parts of config files from other projects is too prone to error.
WardBell View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote WardBell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2009 at 12:27am
Hi jmcfet - Pleased you're considering us.

A bit confused by the request. The Silverlight navigation framework belongs to Silverlight and isn't specific to RIA Services. It has no bearing really. For example, I had no navigation issues related to converting the RIA Services SuperEmployee to use DevForce.

We have not documented anything relating to Silverlight navigation (just as we haven't had anything to say about how to animate view transitions or any of a hundred other UI layer issues). Of course these things are critically important to many developers; we just aren't prepared to take on documentation of Silverlight itself.

Having set that expectation, I'm curious about what specifically you would like to see us discuss about the points of intersection between navigation and the data services infrastructure (RIAS or DevForce). How to relate deep linking to an entity search? Is it that we don't have a template with both navigation and DevForce libraries baked in?
jmcfet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jmcfet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2009 at 12:00pm
Sorry I did not explain myself real well, I want to start a Navigation project (SL) and then be able to add devforce to it. You do not have a template only one that results in a non-Navigation. Hope that helps. 
 Post Reply Post Reply