FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

ShellLayoutView

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ShellLayoutView
    Posted: 06-Sep-2007 at 3:19pm
All items are 7.2.3.0 and in the GAC
Bill Jensen View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bill Jensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2007 at 4:03pm

I'm sorry, I was still working on the "The path is not of a legal form" problem.

Since you have a stack trace, navigate to the point of failure:

In the CabanaLib solution, expand the IdeaBlade\IdeaBlade.Cab.DevEx project and edit \Views\Base\DevExDetailGridViewBuilder.cs.

The exception occurs at line 71 (in CreateDetailGrid():

mDetailGridView = gbm.AddRelationView(displayName, descriptor);

and indicates that we are trying to assign to a variable of type GridView from an array of GridViews. 

Confirm that the member mDetailGridView is declared as a DevExpress.XtraGrid.Views.Grid.GridView at the bottom of the file. 

This is being assigned from the result of gbm.AddRelationView().   gbm is declared two lines above as an XtraGridBindingManager.  Mouse over this class name and be sure that Intellisense says it is
IdeaBlade.UI.Winforms.DevExpressControls.XtraGridBindingManager.

Right clickon AddRelationView, select GoToDefinition and choose the first definition in the Find Symbol Results window.  The result is a DevForce assembly so you can only see the metadata.  Mouse over the resulting tab to see the assembly source file.  In my copy it is

IdeaBlade.UI.Winforms.DevExpressControls.v7_2_1.dll version 2.0.50727.

Is yours different?

Let me know the results and we'll go from here.

Bill J.

orcities View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote orcities Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2007 at 1:31pm
All fixed with the newest version of Cabana.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123