FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Ideablade and MySQL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Deceased View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deceased Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ideablade and MySQL
    Posted: 28-Aug-2011 at 8:16pm
Hi

I've been using Ideablade with MSSQL up untill now, but now I am required to use it with a MySQL database.
I've established that Ideablade works with MySQL, but I have the following problem:

The relationships (Foreign Keys) that I create in the database are not generated in the EDMX and I have a suspicion that it has to do with the database engine that I'm using.

Am I correct in assuming this? (Or is it something else?)
If so, what engine should I be using?

At the moment my tables use the InnoDB engine...

Any help would be appreciated.
DenisK View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote DenisK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2011 at 4:03pm
Hi Deceased;

It seems that this is a known bug. The following is a statement from the following wiki page, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADO.NET_Entity_Framework#Entity_Data_Model

Even though there exists a bug in Visual Studio 2010 which does not import foreign keys from MySql database when Entity Data Model is generated, but a workaround is available for it.

I've tried searching for the workaround but am having no luck in finding it. Perhaps you can try posting in your MySql connector provider's website/forum to see if they already have a fix for it.

Edited by DenisK - 29-Aug-2011 at 4:07pm
DenisK View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote DenisK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2011 at 4:22pm
Update:

This is the closest article that I've found that describes the workaround when using InnoDB engine. Not sure how up to date this is since it was written back in 2006.

Deceased View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deceased Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2011 at 2:51am
Thank you very much for the response, it is very much appreciated.

Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply