New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: how can i bind different table's information into a Datagridview?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

how can i bind different table's information into a Datagridview?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
monkeyking View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote monkeyking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how can i bind different table's information into a Datagridview?
    Posted: 19-May-2009 at 5:57am
i can see that by using the databinding tool (controlbindingmanager; datagridviewbindingmanager) provided by devforce, i can select different properties in a same table, but how can i select the properties in different tables?

for example, in customer table, i can select Age, salary..., now i want to select some properties in sales table to be displayed in the same datagridview, how can i do that?(by using the designer)
davidklitzke View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidklitzke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2009 at 10:03am
If you have a 1-1 relationship between one table and another, you can use a "custom property" to create an extra column in the grid.  If the relationship is 1-many, the usual option  create a separate grid for each table.Another option is to use a "hierarchical grid" (grid within a grid).  We have an example of this in DevForce Classic.  
 Post Reply Post Reply