New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Never turn on the 'Constraints Enforced' flag for a relation.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Never turn on the 'Constraints Enforced' flag for a relation.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Customer View Drop Down
User Submitted Questions to Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Customer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Never turn on the 'Constraints Enforced' flag for a relation.
    Posted: 12-Jul-2007 at 3:11pm
I am getting an error ""Unable to create DataRelation 'syndicate_data_stock'". It only occurs when I run certain programs in a certain sequence and I'm having trouble working out how to debug it.
Obviously the relation exists because in most cases, the code doesn't have any trouble with it. It seems to be happening in Indications..ctor, but it's hard to isolate it any further than that. The relation "indication.stock.syndicate_data" seems to be the one causing trouble, but it is used successfully elsewhere. Any idea how I would trace this down?
IdeaBlade View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote IdeaBlade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2007 at 3:13pm
Research found that our support of foreign keys is broken and will be removed.  Solution for now is to never turn on the 'Constraints Enforced' flag for a relation
Customer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Customer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2007 at 3:14pm
I am now getting a different error on one of the tables in the relation.
IdeaBlade View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote IdeaBlade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2007 at 3:15pm
Setting "enforce constraints" would cause this problem.
Customer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Customer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2007 at 3:16pm
I have found one relation that did in fact have "Enforce constraints" checked (inadvertantly).  When I unchecked it the problem went away.
 Post Reply Post Reply