FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

IdGenerator problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
vinothvdp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote vinothvdp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IdGenerator problem
    Posted: 26-May-2010 at 9:38am
Hi,

I have problem to save the record,i am getting error as per the attachment
kindly help me.
the exception message is
"Save failed - IdGenerator problem - unable to convert all temp ids to permanent ids/nThis may be caused by the server not being able to locate an IIdGenerator instance via probing/nor it can be caused by not providing a corresponding real id for each temp id in the GetRealIdMap/nmethod of your IIdGenerator implementation."

Thank you
GregD View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote GregD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2010 at 3:16pm
If you call GenerateId() on an EntityManager, it must have access to a valid implementation of DevForce's IIdGenerator interface. You can find samples of that in the Learning Units in the following folder:

LearningUnits\100 Fundamentals\Adding and Deleting Business Objects\02 Code CSharp\Snippets

The class that implements IIdGenerator must be included in an assembly that is listed as a DevForce probe assembly. An easy way to satisfy that requirement is to include it in the assembly that contains your domain model.

Additional resources:
  1. the tutorial "Ex_Add and Delete Business Objects.doc" in the same Learning Unit.
  2. the material in the Object Persistence chapter of the Developers Guide on "Generating Unique Identifiers". The section on "ID Fixup", in particular, contains from information about using an IIdGenerator implementation.
tj62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote tj62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2011 at 7:31am
I have searched all over the place for a sample of IIdGenerator implementation, without luck. Can someone tell me DETAILED where I can find it?
The DevForce documentation at "Adding and Deleting in a DevForce Silverlight App" refers to DRC_SampleCode.zip. But I can't find any implementaton fo IIdGenerator interface there. Where in heck is it?
davidklitzke View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidklitzke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2011 at 9:48am

If you are looking at DevForce 2010, the files are not where you might expect them to be (i.e., in the "030_BusObjPersistence\AddingDelecting" folder).  However you can find both C# and VB versions in the "030_BusObjPersistence\_MiniDemos" folder.

tj62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote tj62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2011 at 10:08am
You might consider puting those details in the documentatoin. I spend hours searching for this. The detailed path is rather unexpected inside the "030BusObjPersistence.zip file, that actualy has to be downloaded from your web site, but is not installed with DevForce2010.
The documentaiton of DevForce can be pretty frusturating as some is installed with the installation but the rest is available only on the web site.
 Post Reply Post Reply