FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

how to use AppHelper class?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
monkeyking View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote monkeyking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how to use AppHelper class?
    Posted: 08-Mar-2009 at 5:49pm
I notice the generated domain model contains a project called apphelper, i know it contains a app.config file to deal with the net work configuration, but what should i write in the Initializer.cs file?

regards
John
kimj View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote kimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Mar-2009 at 11:37pm
The AppHelper project was deprecated in DevForce EF 4.3.0.1.  It's no longer automatically generated by the Object Mapper, but is still supported at run time for those applications still using an AppHelper.  In versions prior to 4.3.0.1, the AppHelper project held an app.config file as an embedded resource.  This was done to provide a central location for configuration information.  In version 4.3.0.1 and forward a standard, non-embedded, app.config file is now used, and generated into several projects. 

If you're using a version of DevForce which uses the AppHelper, there's nothing you need to do.  The Initializer.cs was automatically called by the framework during initialization, but you don't need to modify this class, or any other part of the project.  DevForce specifically looks for an assembly named "AppHelper" when probing for configuration information at run time.
 Post Reply Post Reply