FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Modifying a Page View

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bill Jensen View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bill Jensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Modifying a Page View
    Posted: 10-Sep-2007 at 1:45pm
A Cabana user asked:

I have built my own PageView and I am attempting to remove the nav bar. I want the search to perform all of the binding index changes.
The problem is that the PageViewToolBar is required. I have not been successful in finding a way around this. How would you suggest this?

Ward replied:

In taking Cabana out of the box, you realize that you are buying into the structures and layouts within CabanaLib.

If you want to depart from that, you'll have to supercede some of what is in that box. And to do that, you have to look into the box.

It turns out that that the PageViewToolBar is presently exposed by the SummaryDetailPageController which is the base class for the PageController you are using.

You can make the toolbar disappear in many ways. Here is one way. Override the CreateViews method in your controller as I have done here for the SalesRepPageController:

/// <summary>Create all managed views.</summary>

protected override void CreateViews() {

base.CreateViews();

PageToolBar.Visible = false;

}

You could create your own subclass to do this if it will be your standard practice.

This is a hack. The tool bar is still there and wired up to the navigator.

Ultimately, you may want to use your own PageControllers and layout views. You can do that anytime and still keep the rest of the Cabana infrastructure. But you'll have to drill into CabanaLib to see how it all comes together. Maybe you wait for this until you have your feet under you. It won't hurt you to continue in this fashion for awhile; the change will be invisible at the UI Module layer.
 Post Reply Post Reply