FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

args.Result.Principal returns NULL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
robdrye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote robdrye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: args.Result.Principal returns NULL
    Posted: 28-Nov-2009 at 10:22am

A test solution I have been working in recently at some unknown point started returning null for the Principal after LoginAsync is processed.  Here are the key points of my current solution configuration:

• I have an implementation of IEntityLoginManager and it is definitely being found and called.
  • The IEntityLoginManager implementation is currently returning an instance of GenericPrincipal with a GenericIdentity.
  • There are no Exceptions being encountered or anything questionable being captured in DebugLog.xml.
  • When LoginAsync returns to the client the Principal object is null and SessionKey value is {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}.

I've gone as far as simply executing LoginAsync on the DefaultManager from App.Application_Startup() as the very first action in the application and even in this scenario the same outcome of a null Principal is encountered.  When recreating the scenario with just the key objects from the problematic solution in a new solution the Principal object is returned as expected clearly pointing to something I have specifically done wrong in the problematic solution.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated - I'd like to figure out what I have done to cause this issue so that it can be avoided in the future.
robdrye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote robdrye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2009 at 11:54am
As a follow up - I was not able to figure out what this issue was.  I rebuilt a new solution piece-by-piece with the same objects/configurations from my jacked-up solution and was able to get it working as expected.  I'm chalking this up as a fluke (or lack of sleep for me).  Regardless, I'm back in business.
GregD View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote GregD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2009 at 10:36am
I wasn't able to reproduce the problem, either. Glad you've got it working now.
 Post Reply Post Reply