New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Loginmanager is called unexpected whithout credentials
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Loginmanager is called unexpected whithout credentials

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Peer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Peer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Loginmanager is called unexpected whithout credentials
    Posted: 14-Oct-2010 at 2:13am
Hi There,

I Have a problem implementing the Loginmanager with ideablade 6.0.4.0

The loginmanager is implemented as shown in the samples / documentation. 
I have two viewmodels having their own _mgr EntityManager (_mgr1 , _mgr2)

When I call  _mgr1.loginAsync(credentials), the login method on the login manager is fired properly returning a principal object.
When I call  _mgr2.Executeasync() (no _mgr2.loginAsync() is executed), the the login method on the login manager is fired whithout credentials(null) coursing an exeption. 

When I remove the loginmanager , the process is executed without errrors.

Is the principal object somehow global on the silverlight side or should i make a bridge from the 1rst manager to the 2nd manager?

The settings in my webconfig are:
<serverSettings allowAnonymousLogin="true" loginManagerRequired="false",
 <authentication mode="Forms" />

Thanks, Peer
sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2010 at 9:03am
Hi Peer,

I am looking into the issue and will follow up with you soon.
sbelini View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote sbelini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2010 at 6:39pm
Peer,

An implicit login will alway occur if the entity manager is not already logged. In this case you will need to handle null credentials on your LoginManager implementation.

In DevForce6.0.6 (soon to be released) we have a new IAuthenticationManager interface where you can implement it in a way that you can login one EM and other EMs can use the same credentials during their implicit login.

DevForce6.0.6 also has new Business Application templates which implement an authentication manager.
 Post Reply Post Reply