FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

EntityReferenceLoadStrategy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bfoster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bfoster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EntityReferenceLoadStrategy
    Posted: 04-Feb-2010 at 11:37am

I am evaluating DevForce and do not like the idea of the "Getter" automatically loading navigation properties.  I would like to use EntityReferenceLoadStrategy.DoNotLoad and implement my own explicit lazy loading.  However it looks like I would need to change the FetchStrategy to CacheOnly which obviously would not be very usefull. 

Would the world exlpode if I set the load strategy directly (via reflection), or must I resort to code gen?

Thanks!
GregD View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote GregD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2010 at 2:26pm
There are two approaches you can use:

1)     
The EntityReferenceStrategy can be set for a property via the EntityRelationRole via the static EntityRelations defined for each type.  This effects all navigation on this property.
a.  EntityRelations.FK_OrderSummary_Customer.Role1.ReferenceStrategy = EntityReferenceStrategy.NoLoad;
b.  EntityRelations.FK_OrderSummary_Customer.Roles.First(er => er.EntityType ==
   typeof(Customer)).ReferenceStrategy = EntityReferenceStrategy.NoLoad;

2)      You can set the EntityManager.DefaultQueryStrategy = QueryStrategy.CacheOnly
 Post Reply Post Reply