New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Selecting different views using the Entity Framework
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Selecting different views using the Entity Framework

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MrTouya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote MrTouya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Selecting different views using the Entity Framework
    Posted: 09-Jan-2011 at 7:03am

Hi Guys,

I hope this is the right place for this question. I have an application that I am trying to convert from using a straight ADO.NET to sql server connection and I want to use the Entity Framework. In my app the when the user logs on they are presented with a drop down box of views that are associated with the user's ID number. For example, let's say the following views exists:

• 3050_CUSTOMER_VIEW
  • 3050_ORDERS_VIEW
  • 3051_CUSTOMER_VIEW
  • 3051_ORDERS_VIEW

Once the user selects logs on, they only see the customer view that they are allowed to see. A user with ID number 3050 will only be able to see the 3050 views and a user with the ID 3051 will only be able to see the 3051 views. The underlying views have complex aggregates that are different for each user.

How can I create an Entity Model that can support something like this? I was thinking of using a stored procedure mapped to an entity, but I am not sure how to acheive this.

In my C# app I want to present a drop down box with views that are associcated with a users's ID and the user will be able to build queries that execute against the selected view.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Stephane

DenisK View Drop Down
IdeaBlade
IdeaBlade

Post Options Post Options   Quote DenisK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2011 at 4:47pm
Hi Stephane;

This question is outside of DevForce support scope. Someone from the Professional Services will be in touch with you soon.
 Post Reply Post Reply