New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Missing Method - RepositoryItem.get_FormatData()...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Missing Method - RepositoryItem.get_FormatData()...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Customer View Drop Down
User Submitted Questions to Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Customer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Missing Method - RepositoryItem.get_FormatData()...
    Posted: 16-Jul-2007 at 9:57am
Last week we decided to update the IdeaBlade to 3.5 from 3.3.

We un-installed the previous version, and installed the new one.

After opening the solution there were some problems concerning some references.

After re-adding the references to the new IdeaBlade everything seemed to be ok... but it wasn't...

We're using the DevExpress 6.2.4 and had to redirect the assemblies.

But the ControlBindingManager seemed to work improperly and by that i mean I couldn't use the DevExpress 6.2 control suite.

After restarting the computer the problem seemed to be over but then after running the app, i got this error : Missing Method - RepositoryItem.get_FormatData()...

I don't get it

IdeaBlade View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote IdeaBlade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2007 at 10:00am
You are the fifth person (including myself) to observe or report this problem.

In all cases, I have never been able to reproduce the problem.

In all cases, there was assembly binding redirection. Most cases involved upgrading from some version of DevEx 6.2.x to a more recent version of DevEx 6.2.x. Two of the cases involved upgrading from DevEx 6.3.1 to DevEx 6.3.2.

In all cases, the problem has been resolved by the customer electing to migrate to the latest version of DevEx 6.3.x (usually DevEx 6.3.3).

I believe (but can't prove it) that removing all versions of DevEx 6.2.x and then reinstalling the desired version of DevEx 6.2.x may also solve the problem. I believe that this is so because a customer had a reproducible case and sent me his entire solution, database, and version of DevEx 6.2.x. When I removed all versions of DevEx 6.2.x and reinstalled DevEx, I could not reproduce the problem.

If you still want me to work on this problem, I will need a reproducible case including the installer for DevEx 6.2.x.

Post Reply Post Reply